DCS Co. Copywriters are responsible for brainstorming, creating, and transforming ideas into words for articles, advertisements, publications, and pamphlets and all marketing and branding communications for clients including: television commercials, radio, internet content, jingles, websites, press releases, flyers, direct mail, blogs and much, much, more.
Copywriters work closely with all members of the creative team, including art directors, designers, production team, and outside vendors on a daily basis. They manage their time on jobs and work with the multiple agency departments and disciplines to ensure that jobs are creatively and strategically on target.
As an ACD/Copywriter at DCS Co. you will report to the Design Director and Executive Leadership Team/Principals of the Agency.
Typical Work Activities:
• Write creative content for clients' ads, marketing, brochures, TV spots, radio, and other forms of online and offline advertising.
• Research the technical properties of products.
• Determine what makes products appealing to consumers.
• Develop unique, new concepts.
• Conceive, develop and produce effective advertising campaigns.
• Work with account executives to determine client needs and budget.
• Ensure campaign stays within budget.
• Create and present storyboards of ideas.
• Work with art directors to create ideas.
• Write clear and persuasive copy for websites, brochures, ads, and other means of advertising.
• Oversee campaigns from production to completion.
• Revise, edit, and proofread content as needed or directed by client.
• Respond to feedback in a timely manner.
• Work within tight deadlines.
• Monitor and change advertising campaigns to change effectiveness.
• Check copy for spelling and grammar errors.
• Work with media planners/buyers and the production department to fully develop solutions.
• Research competitors and keep abreast of market trends.
• Help developing content strategy within the account
• Create a consistent brand voice for each market and segment; ensure consistent use of tone, personality in line with brand guidelines
• Background or experience in education, publishing a plus
• Experience writing for digital formats required (web, blog, whitepapers and email)
• With client input, cast actors for TV and radio work, including voiceovers
• Explore different ideas and concepts for both the visual and verbal elements in tandem with the agency team
• Work with designers, illustrators, printers, photographers and production companies to complete the campaign
• Write press releases
• Help develop content strategy (unless this is someone else’s role within the account team)
• Help with the creation of business collateral like whitepapers, research briefs, sell sheets, blogs, emails and web copy.
• Help create a consistent brand voice for each client market and segment; ensure consistent use of tone, personality in line with brand guidelines
• Write for digital formats (web, blog and email)
Your application was submitted successfully.